Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude
Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude. Recently, I have seen countless examples of why this statement is absolute truth about success in both fitness and in life. In brief, it means that keeping a positive attitude will lead to a greater sense of fulfillment and accomplishment in everything we do.
Because we all know, life happens, and it’s tough sometimes. Maintaining a positive perspective allows us to steer ourselves toward our goals with consistency and dedication. It also helps us to motivate others, which is incredibly rewarding.
I’ve taken note of the differences I’ve seen recently between those who approach their days with optimism and those who don’t. Here’s my Top 10 list of positive personality traits that lead people to greater achievement of their fitness and life goals:
1) They have an attitude of gratitude. People who are grateful remember all that they have and are appreciative for it. They wake up with a zest for life because it’s going to be a good day – or at least they will make the most of it.
2) They live their lives with purpose. They have goals and other strong motivators that make it worthwhile to hop out of bed in the morning and accomplish things. Instead of saying, “I have to do,” they say “I GET to do” with even the most basic of daily tasks and it really changes one’s perspective.
3) They have a strong sense of direction. They know they want to make meaningful contributions and they do so with determination and enthusiasm. If they make a change in their intended path, they do so with a plan and a timeline.
4) They are consistent. They are not driven by fads, trends or a “flavor of the week” mentality, but focus on taking continuous steps in the right direction. They also do not pursue instant fixes so much as long-term, sustained success.
5) They help and support others. If you want to feel rewarded, go help someone else today to be better, believe in themselves and achieve something they did not know they were capable of…it’s magic.
6) They are not afraid to try new things. They also are not afraid to fail (well, maybe a little bit, but the desire to try overrides any fear of failure). With every effort we may not have tried before, we succeed or we learn.
7) They are lifelong learners. They never feel that they “know it all” but recognize the world presents vast and endless lessons. They possess a voracious appetite for education and avail themselves of many sources to enrich and expand their knowledge.
8) They do not limit themselves. They no longer say, “I can’t do that,” but replace it with, “I can do that” and instead of “I’ll try,” it’s “I will” and so on. Little nuances but they seem to make a huge difference in how people view themselves and their capabilities.
9) They have a sense of urgency. They know that time will pass quickly and apply a “do it now” mentality to their key goals. They attack goals and tasks with perseverance, tenacity and vigor.
10) They make themselves a priority. They know that being in good shape both physically and mentally is vital, and staying healthy allows them to give back exponentially. They embrace taking time for themselves and the abundant results including increased energy, reduced stress, enhanced sleep quality and so much more.
Truly, staying positive about life keeps me sane in navigating life’s challenges – and also makes me so much happier. For your fitness and health goals, try a little positivity and watch your prospects soar.