Top 10 Reasons to Stick with Your Workout
No matter who you are or what stage of life you’re in, it can be daunting to start a workout program; and if you already have one, it can be challenging to take it to the next level. Remember that no one starts off perfectly, and you just need to make that first step to BEGIN.
As you move along, mastering new challenges will give you a rush you never expected! For me, this might be lifting heavier weights or taking a Yoga pose that had previously eluded me, and every single time, I’m just so glad I’ve stuck with it to reach that new goal.
So why should you try a workout program or kick yours up a notch?
10. You are your own competition. Start where you are now, and do not worry about competing with others. Begin knowing that it is not a destination, but a journey that will allow you to gradually take your body to new levels of health and wellness.
9. It is an essential healthy lifestyle choice. Make it fit with yours so that it is something you sincerely look forward to, and that will soon become a habit that allows you to achieve more than you ever expected. Try different activities and find workouts that you like so they are sustainable over time, and always mix it up too.
8. A properly tailored exercise program will take into account your individual “why” factor. This is the reason you want to work out, and what you hope to achieve. Personal goals are different for everyone and they set the tone for the type of plan that makes the most sense for you.
7. The anti-aging benefits can be huge. Research studies show that regular exercise can improve muscle mass and bone density, and who doesn’t want to look and feel younger?
6. As you gain momentum, you will enjoy the exhilaration that comes with accomplishment. You will do it for the “WOW, you look great!” factor.
5. Track your progress; knowing your baseline as you begin and recording stats in a diary, journal or fitness app will help you see just how much you gain over time (strength, flexibility, endurance and so much more).
4. The connection between a healthy body AND mind will be very clear to you as these two intersect and you gain strength in both. A strong mindset translates to work, home, relationships and every aspect of your life. You will notice an increase in your energy, your alertness, and greatest of all, your confidence!
3. You WILL achieve results. It may take time, maybe even longer than you thought – or maybe far less time than you thought – and you may be very pleasantly surprised!
2. Your commitment, consistency and determination will inspire others to reach their goals too.
1. YOU…do you need a better reason? Investing in yourself is the best move you can make toward being happier, healthier, and more vibrant. This is your “ME” time to work on you, provide a mental release, and bring a new sense of joy to your days. And be sure to mark those victories, both big and small…you will have plenty to celebrate!
– Trainer Bev