Storm Fitness Newsletter – Healthy Recipes – January 2011
A health and fitness newsletter on how to stay looking and feeling your best at any age
Greetings Clients and Friends;
Happy New Rear! The start of a new year is always a great time to think about getting your butt in gear and kicking yourself into shape with a New Rear! Luckily, this is our specialty and no one can do it like Storm Fitness. But then again, if you’re already a client or a subscriber to this newsletter you probably already know this!
We hope that you had a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. We thank you for a wonderful 2010 and look forward to what the year of 2011 will bring for all of our clients and clients to be! We continue to strive to be the very best you can find in the industry. Our testimonials on neighbors network and our website shed a little light on that.
Make sure to read below for the special gifts we are offering! This quarters articles have the theme of starting the year of right! If you are a former client or have been a subscriber for a while now and just waiting for the right moment to call, NOW is the time. I am serious when I say that the first week of January the flood gates open! We really want to make sure that we get our most loyal followers in while the getting is good.
We already have a wait list for many evening time slots so please don’t delay – I don’t want you to miss out on your opportunity this year! In 2010 we have had to turn people away or place them on wait lists and trust me, nothing pains me more! We can get you the results you need to be at peace with your body once and for all and it would be our pleasure to do that for you!
Yours in Health and Fitness,
The Storm Fitness Team
Jessica, Megan, Coco, Sabrina and Melissa
Ringing in 2011 with Special Gifts for YOU
A Gift From Storm Fitness
Happy New Rear from Storm Fitness! Get Motivated and Kick Your Rear into Gear in 2011!
Have you been dreaming of a new REAR this holiday season? Or does your rear just need some trimming after over indulging this month? Storm Fitness has helped hundreds of clients get into the best shape of their lives (with great looking rears I might add) while becoming healthy and fit in the process. We pride ourselves on quality RESULTS – our testimonials speak for themselves – just check them out at www.stormfitness.com and, if you haven’t already, sign up for our quarterly newsletter while you are visiting our site.
Storm Fitness would like to extend an EXCLUSIVE offer to all New Storm Fitness Clients!
For First time clients of Storm Fitness we would like to extend a special package of 8 personal training sessions at our introductory rate. This is the first time that we have offered 8 sessions at our introductory per session rate.
Why are we offering this? Because we want to give the Storm Fitness community a chance to get in with us before the floodgates open up on January 1st. The first week of January is our busiest time of year (seriously, we get flooded with calls every year – even when the economy was supposedly in a down turn last year, we actually got more calls than the prior year)! Seeing that we already have a wait list for most of our evening and weekend time slots, we want to give our most loyal followers the chance to get in while the getting is good.
Call me this week for more details – I am happy to answer any and all questions about the special 8 session special rate: 703-869-8376. Training 2 times per week with these sessions could give you the jumpstart you need with a months worth of training!
Happy New Rear!!! 🙂
A Gift From Neighbors Network
If you are not familiar with Neighbors network you should think about checking it out. They provide vendor referrals and local information. For example, if your looking for a painter and not sure who to use all you have to do is go to their site to see who has been referred in your community. You are also provided with up to the minute details on what is happening in the community. The neighbors network kept the community up to date with the latest and most trusted information when all the burglaries were going on a few months ago. It really is a great network to be part of and once you experience it you will wish you had signed up sooner!
We would like to give you the gift of trying it out with a free 2 month trial membership. Just go to: www.myneighborsnetwork.com and enter E222 into the Gift Code box and your free membership will immediately be activated. If you are a current client of Storm Fitness, we would like to extend a FREE one year membership! If you are interested, all you have to do is contact me to let me know and I will personally have you set up (no hassles to you) and even give you a demo on how to use the site.
Warm you up Healthy Recipes
This one is from my client Paula – Thanks for the submission Paula!
Paula’s No Guilt Chai Latte
Pour boiling water over a Tazo brand Sweet Cinnamon Spice tea bag. Steep 5 minutes.
Add a splash of Organic Half and Half-just enough to change the color of the tea. If you have a frother, froth the half and half. You can substitute Half and Half with unsweetened vanilla soy, rice or almond milk. (But with just a splash go for the Half and Half!)
To Die For Healthy Hot Coco
Heat 1 cup of fat free milk in the microwave for 1 minute or until hot. Mix in a dash of salt (brings out the flavor of the coco), 1 truvia or stevia or splenda packet (your choice), 1 heaping tablespoon of Hershey’s all natural unsweetened Coco (this can be found in the baking isle of most grocery stores – sometimes it’s hidden – so look hard!). From Trader Joes, mix in 1 teaspoon of all natural alcohol free vanilla extract. If you did your workout that day go ahead and toss in 5 mini marshmallows 😉
Benefits of Coco: Chocolate and cocoa derive their health benefits from flavonoids which are plant pigments capable of acting as antioxidants to counteract some of the cellular damage that can lead to chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Cocoa powder has also been shown to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow in humans. A cup of cocoa has almost three times the antioxidants of a cup of green tea, another drink renowned for its health benefits.
Tips for a successful 2011
If you have the wrong attitude about fitness, you’re already setting yourself up for failure. Most people look at exercise as:
- Punishment for bad eating
- An obligation
- Time consuming
- Impossible to sustain over a long period of time
If any of these sound familiar, how long do you think you’ll stick with your program? Nobody wants to do something painful, boring or obligatory. Before you throw yourself into weight loss, look at your attitude about exercise and figure out whether these attitudes are true or just lies you’ve been telling yourself for years. Then, try a different perspective and look at exercise as:
- A break from a stressful workday
- A way to boost energy and mood
- The only time you’ll have to yourself all day
- A chance to get totally physical and let your mind rest
- A chance to reward your body for working so hard
- A way to improve your quality of life immediately
And here are some more key points about exercise that you must understand:
- Willpower won’t work. Willpower is for short-term success. Long-term success requires planning, discipline and finding ways to motivate yourself every day.
- Motivation will not magically happen. What motivates you will change from day to day. You have to recommit to your goals each day, tweak them to fit changes in your lifestyle and attitude and find new ways to motivate yourself over the course of your life.
- You will not always want to exercise and eat healthy. Even the most committed exerciser doesn’t always want to do it. Know that you will have to work on it every day.
- Diets don’t work. Stop wasting your time following someone else’s plan for you. Make your own plan based on realistic changes–if you can’t follow your chosen diet for the rest of your life, you’re wasting precious time.
- Your next step is to adjust your lifestyle so you have the best chance of success. This is where Storm Fitness comes into play! We specialize in this and can help you create healthy habits that can and will lead to a successful lifestyle change for you.
Here are a few other tips for success…………..
- Don’t feel like you need to exercise all at once. A few minutes here and there can add up to what you need.
- Walk. It’s efficient and easy. If you wear a pedometer to track your mileage, studies suggest you’ll boost your activity. Find ways to get exercise in your daily routine through things like taking the stairs.
- Track your exercise in a journal and don’t worry so much about weight loss. If you do want to shed pounds, 60 minutes of exercise a day is a good place to start.
- Try a variety of activities and challenge your family and friends to join you in exercising 30 minutes a day.
- Set realistic expectations. Change takes time.
“Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. Courage is what counts.”
~Sir Winston Churchill~
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the Storm Fitness Newsletter. Thank you again for coming along for the journey with us and we wish you a fun filled Winter Season and success with all of your health and fitness goals! Again, if you need anything at all we are always here for you!
Yours in Health and Fitness,
Jessica Storm & the Storm Fitness Team